Karl Kaufmann is a pioneer in the Gainesville Media, Marketing and Hospitality industry. Since 1978, Karl has done everything from being the voice of University of Florida Mascot, Albert the Alligator, to creating and producing hundreds of radio and television commercials and supervised the construction and development of the Hilton-University of Florida Hotel and Conference Center.
No other Media or Marketing Agency has more hands on media experience combined....less wrapped up in one person! Karl's personal resume provides the breadth of these talents.
KARL KAUFMANN PERSONAL RESUME:
- Owner of Kcom Media since 1996
- 1978 University of Florida Graduate (BS/Agriculture, MS/Chemistry)
- Four-year UF Letterman (baseball and cheerleading)
- Morning show host with "Boomer" 1977-1979 at WGGG-AM
- Morning show host / Program Director (1979 - 1984 WYKS-FM)
- New Account Development Director, Gainesville Sun (1984-1990)
- FM-radio General Sales Manager for WYKS/WAJD (1990-1996)
- Director of Sales and Marketing: Holiday Inn West 1997
- New Property Development/Director of Sales: Hilton-University of Florida Hotel and Conference Center. Started this project from the ground up through the first 9 months of operations. (1999-2001)
- Various nationally broadcast animation voice-over talent with Disney (Chopper, Rescue Rangers 1989 - 1991), Geffen/Tim Burton Productions (Title Character, Beetlejuice 1989 - 1991), and Animego Productions (You're Under Arrest 2001-present)
- Universal Studios: Voice of Beetlejuice for various prerecorded attractions in the Theme parks
- Voice of UF Mascot "Albert the Alligator" since 1978
- Emcee and audio recording production supervisor of UF Homecoming Gator Growl for 11 straight years (1980-1991)
- Billboard Magazine announcer of the year award 1984
- Member Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and FMPTA
- Member Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member Gainesville Advertising Federation
The Kcom Media Account Manager acts as a link between the client and the agency. The primary goal is to insure a smooth day-to-day relationship between the advertising agency and the client's advertising campaigns. The Account Manager is responsible for assisting in the compiling of client proposals and being part of the meetings at which they are presented to the client. They have to keep the client informed at every stage and ensure that they are happy with the work as it progresses. The Account Manager coordinates the activities of the advertising team and administration and takes responsibility for the client's communication with the Account Executive with regard to media and marketing budgets. The Kcom Media Advertising Account Manager will work directly with the Account Executive and will typically have eight to ten non-competing clients, thus allowing the Account Executive and management team to pursue new business.
- Traffic / Programming Director for WYKS/WAJD
- Patient Care Coordinator at North Florida Regional
Medical Center OB-GYN
- Patient Relations and Medical Transcription at Shands Dermatology
- Broadcast scheduling system software knowledge
- Arbitron, Maximizer and other broadcast rating software knowledge
Elise Cortina is now managing our Public Relations department. Elise is new to the Gainesville area. She lived in Virginia for 23 years, and earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia in 2001. She spent two years working in the telecommunications industry before returning to school to earn her master’s degree in Public Relations at the University of Florida.
Elise loves to travel both nationally and internationally. In 2000 she lived in Spain and toured Western Europe. Most recently she spent three months traveling Down Under, and hopes to one day return to Australia to live and work. In her spare time, Elise enjoys cooking, exercising, and reading. Her favorite movies are The Princess Bride, Love Actually, and Top Gun.